Dining on Phi Phi Island
Phi Phi Island Restaurants | Thai food Fish Sweets Inspired Kitchens such as HC Andersens
There is a good variety of foods on Phi Phi Island in the village where yo can find restaurants independent to the main hotels and resort. The resort hotels at Laem Tong and Loh Bagao ie Phi Phi Island Village Resort and Phi Phi Lagoon have there own in house restaurants.
Thai Food in Phi Phi Don Village
Local Phi Phi Island Dishes: Local food is the Spicy Southern Curry, Geng Som Pla (fish), geng kai (chicken), geng neua (beef) and geng hoi (shellfish). Be warned - people from the south like HOT food. Most people will try this food by taking the smallest taste, some can handle the firey taste but not many can.
Fish and seafood
Snapper, King Mackerel, grouper, squid, king prawn are available at the main Phi Phi Restaurants and the Bar BQ style of cuisine is very popular on the island so it is no big stress to have a fishy feasts daily.
The sauces vary- sweet and sour, sweet spicy and sour, garlic, or plain BBQ-ed and many, many more. These are the sauces that really bring out the best of fish or meat and and for many are as big a draw to Thailand as the weather, the ocean and the ever lasting smiles of the Thai People.
Try the sticky rice and fruit cakes for desserts. Coconuts from Phi Phi Islandare big and the milk juicy...
Inspired kitchens in Phi Phi Don Village
- HC Andersens: Phi Phi Island's finest steakhouse. International and Thai cuisine.
- The Unniís: Trendy fusion Thai western at itís best just near the PP Palmtree Resort.
- The UK GB: Trendy fusion Thai Mexican near the Phi Phi Island Banyan Villa.
- The Phi Phi Hotel's restaurant near the big Banyan Tree on the beach is probably the most popular restaurant for fish and Thai Food.
- Le Grand Bleu (near the Pier) offers an attractive menu with quality surrounds. The muscles are magnificent.
- The Jungle Bar (of the Cabana Hotel) has the best view on the island with equally good daytime food.
- For Italian food on the beach and the view of the harbour, Amico's;
- The Patisserie for Belgian created breads and croissants.
Last Updated: 28 May 2012