Things to do and see on Phi Phi
Phi Phi Island Activities | What to do on Phi Phi Island
There are many different things that you can see and do on Phi Phi Island including trips to some of the more isolated and uninhabited spots. Voted the third most beautiful island in the world, Phi Phi Island attracts many return visitors each year. The mountains, coral reefs and fish, the small resort feel of the place - all give Phi Phi Island a special charm.
90% of Phi Phi island is cliff or mountain. All the accommodation and village is in a small area of land ensuring the rest of the island is free from buildings. The bustling village, though not the tidiest of places is fun packed, an adventure at every turn.
So what is it exactly that makes people want to return to Phi Phi Island?
- Great tropical weather
- Beautiful seas and beaches
- Views and the sunset
- Phi Phi Diving
- Deep sea fishing
- Excellent food
- Fun festivals
- Friendly people!
There are few destinations that have so many different Action Sports in such close proximity. Why stay far from the action when you can be doing it from the beach 20 meters from you resort.
- Diving Courses for beginners: Day dives to all 6 km of inshore reef on 6 islands, a wreck dive and 6 submerged rocks.
- Diving Liveaboards; Local 3 day tours to 10 day Burma expeditions.
- Sea Kayaking. Highly popular way to tour the islands in peace and quiet- getting close to nature, from $12.
- Snorkeling with the sharks. For USD 12 a tour surely this is the bargain of the island.
- Snorkeling to the 25 km of snorkeling and reef-cave snorkeling
- Deep Sea Fishing. Sailfish King mackerel and Barracuda
- Trekking. While most islanders use the longtail boats to get around, there are a few treks amongst the hills
- Climbing. Very beautiful and remote.
Last Updated: 29 May 2012